Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Day In The Sun

Finally a day above the single digits or teens. It almost felt like spring. What a great ride.
I wanted say that up front, as I've had some folks question why I ride at all if I have "so many" problems on the road. I love riding and today was a great day on the road.


Buzzed By a Trailer from Bikesafer on Vimeo.


I had a couple close calls today, only one that warranted a call to police. I have some thoughts on that and about the Elm Grove idiot who told me to ride on the sidewalk, but that will have to wait for another day.

I kind of raced a train today, well I was coasting and just thought it might make a better video than the trailer almost hitting me.

Racing A Train from Bikesafer on Vimeo.



The Brookfield cops from the last incident told me they issued a citation. I still have to get a copy of it to make sure, but the irony is if he fights it, I could be called as a witness by the same prosecutor who told me I have no right to be on the road at all. Probably more likely he would dismiss it or plea bargain it down. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, trailer=scary if the driver forgets about it sticking out to the side of their vehicle... I remember that happening to me once riding in the city.

Unknown said...

Just found out about you, your site, and your great work :) We are a non-profit with a 3feet2pass mission.

We would love to link to you if that's ok.

Twitter: @3feet2pass
http://3feet2pass.com

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Can you let us know what cameras you are using and any additional equipment you use to secure the cameras to helmet/bike?

Thanks,

Eric

Jeff said...

Orion,
Links would be great. I'll get you linked up on my end soon.
Eric,
I posted a while back about that very questions. See:
http://bikesafer.blogspot.com/2008/02/ask-and-you-shall-receive.html

Anonymous said...

I think it's great what you're doing in raising awareness of the idiots on the road. But those aren't close calls like where I live. Hell, not a week goes by where I don't get my elbow clipped by some idiot driving too close!!