Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Slack Jawed Yokels and Happy Rednecks

Perfect snow conditions this morning for riding. I don't have the single/fixie built yet, but I had to ride this morning while I had the chance. If I'm going to have to stand in it all day at work, I sure as heck am going to enjoy it while I can.
I passed one guy in my subdivision who just stared at me with his mouth open so far I thought he might drown on all the snow he was catchin. He looked like he was watching an alien ship land. I just said, "good mornin'" and rode on. Later I came upon a beater van with a guy who would probably describe himself as a redneck, not that there's anything wrong with that, especially when he gives me a thumbs up and shouts words of encouragement as I ride by.
Hopefully the snow lasts long enough for another adventure tonight.
Sorry no pix, no time.
Bikesafer
Jeff

No comments: